CEP is a 501(c)3 non profit corporation dedicated to provide before and after school educational opportunities for children, youth, and families in West Valley City, Utah.
Your Tax Deductible Contribution Creates…
- A stronger community in which to live, work and prosper
- Academically successful children and youth
- Less crime and juvenile delinquency
- More physically fit children and youth
- Skilled employees and leaders for tomorrow
- 95% applied directly to programs, 5% to administration
Facts Show The Need For Afterschool Programs
- 28% of children live with a single or working parent or two working parents.
- 78% of mothers with 6-13 year olds work full time
- 35% of school-age children are left on their own during after school hours.
- Violent juvenille crime triples between the hours of 3:00 to 8:00 p.m.
- Unsupervised youth are 2/3 more likely to be the victims of violent crime.
- Unsupervised youth are more likely to turn to gangs for companionship.
CEP Programs Result in Improved Student Outcomes
Regular Education Teachers of over 12,300 Students Participating 30 days or more in CEP 21st Century Grant Afterschool Programs at 19 Granite District Schools in West Valley City report substantial and consistent improvement during the day over 7 years, 2011 through 2017. CEP provides other grant programs at 5 additional District schools in West Valley City for over 1,000 students.
- 64% increase in academic performance
- 55% increase in satisfactory homework completion
- 58% increase in class participation
- 43% increase in positive behavior in class
- 52% increase in preparedness and motivation to learn